The number one thing we crave after a hard workout or a long competition is a big, fat, juicy burger. Typically we only eat red meat once a week, and since we LOVE barbecued rib eye, that usually fills our quota.
So the next best thing…turkey burgers. You can put whatever fixings you like on these, but we think this is one scenario where more is better.
If you want to know more about our nutrition philosophy, you can find it here.
- 1.25 lb. ground turkey
- 1/4 onion
- 1.5 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Montreal chicken spice
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- salt & pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Split the meat mixture into 4 evenly sized balls and form into patties.
- Grill the turkey burgers until cooked. I usually spray the grill with non-stick spray or olive oil.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Makes 4 burgers.