We love breakfast. Most of the time we’re your typical bacon, eggs, and toast kinda’ people. But every once in a while we’ll say, “screw it!” and go for a big, fat waffle or sky high stack of pancakes and feel like total crap afterwards.
So when we’re training, and it’s the kind of day where we have zero self-control, we try to have healthier versions of the unhealthy stuff to binge on.
Crionna Tobin, a friend of ours who is also a performance nutritionist from Ireland, gave us this recipe and we love it! A serving of these bad boys contains 17g of protein.
If you want to know more about our nutrition philosophy, you can find it here.
- 3 eggs
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup milk (or dairy free substitute)
- 3 tbsp. coconut flour
- 3 tbsp. oats
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seed
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp. coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1/2 scoop protein powder (optional)
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Cook in a pan as usual and serve plain (yes, they are that good), or with your favorite toppings. Some of our favorites are:
- fresh berries with a sprinkle of hemp and chia seeds
- Greek yogurt with honey
- maple syrup and fresh sliced bananas with a sprinkle of cinnamon
Makes about 10 mini pancakes.